Saturday, March 23, 2013

40k Quick reference guide

Good afternoon all.

It's been a while since the last post, been busy with real life stuffs.

So I have a good friend of mine who will remain anonymous entering into our realm of plastic crack and 40k. This person has a limited knowledge of the ruleset, and as we all did when we first started needs a bit of hand holding to know what's going to come next in the game. This isn't to say they are bad, its just difficult to remember all the steps required to complete a phase properly, and in what order you do things.

So with that in mind, I threw together essentially a draft "rule of thumb" guide to 40k. I thought others might it useful so I'm post it up here. The goal is to be detailed enough that a person with a working but not advanced knowledge of the game can benefit, but not be so detailed that it gets bogged down. Some sections are overly complex at the moment. So I'll have to revise it down. Also pretty sure there are mispellings, grammar issues, and phrasing that isn't correct. Anyone who spots these and lets me know, bonus points!

If anyone from GW opposes my posting of this (just email me directly at birdux@gmail.com) let me know I'll rip it down pronto. Hopefully they wouldn't, as it essentially promotes playing their game system without revealing anything you really need the core rulebook / codex for. (Special rules, models, point costs, upgrades, IP components, and other detailed interaction beyond the scope of this guide). Also I'll note it is my understanding that it is not possible to copyright game rules.





1 comment:

  1. Do you realize these are such low resolultion as to be illegible?

    ReplyDelete