So this will be a picture heavy post. Yesterday I successfully made 87 skull, bones and blood bases for my Chaos SM army (80 25mm, 5 40mm, 1 bike, 1 60mm). They sat overnight to let the liquid water effects dry and I've now mounted about a few of my mostly finished models to them. I really like the way they look.
For anyone following along, to do the bases:
Supplies: Secret Weapon Minatures Red Black wash
Secret Weapon Minatures liquid water effects
GW Paints: Khorne Red
GW Paints: Rotting Flesh
GW Paints: Palid Flesh
GW Paints: Reikland Fleshshade (previously Ogryn Wash)
GW Paints: Rhinox Hide
GW Paints: Ushabti Bone
|87 Bases, woo. The right 40 have been|
drybrushed, the left 40 only washed.
The difference is very noticiable.
2) Do a quick brush over all the skeletal bits with the Ushabti Bone, don't worry about getting some onto the brown based areas, just make sure you coat the skeletons
3) Wash the skeletal bits with the Reikland Fleshshade. Let it sit for about 30 minutes to make sure it really dried
4) Drybrush the skeletal bits with the Rotting Flesh
5) Drybrush the skeletal bits with palid flesh
6) VERY LIGHTLY drybrush the skeletal bits with white(optional)
|adding a few drops, the other two sides|
have already been done.
|mixing in the Khorne Red |
with a toothpick
|adding a few drops of |
Overall progress on the Chaos SM is going pretty swiftly. I'm at a stage now where I'm facing the prospect of painting 60 odd cultists. I want to do color themes in blocks of 20 so I can at least have a pretense of squad cohesion.
|The Screamers, under different lighting.|
|The Plaguebearers, finally on bases they still need|
to have their eyes and a few other details painted
|The Flamers, now on bases, they like the plaguebearers still need|
some details painted like their eyes and mouths.